Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy 2 week Anniversary!

Well...I've survived the first 2 weeks! Hopefully these will be the worst and now it will settle and I won't be so home sick! I can't say it's been easy as I'd be lying...it has been really hard. Being so far away from everyone is extremely difficult. However, it is worth it! This opportunity is so unique and the group of students chosen are really really cool which helps!

To celebrate my 2 week anniversary, I dragged Colin down to Akihabara Electric Town and got myself a Japanese phone. It was quite an adventure and we had a good laugh! I am now the proud owner of a shocking pink phone which is called a Jelly bean and comes with a pink jelly bean charm! Another thing accomplished here! I also cooked myself dinner for the first time last night which turned out ok considering I wasn't even sure I picked up the right ingredients from the shop (labels are written in Japanese only obviously!). My dorm is starting to feel more like home and I'm adjusting well to my new routine.

School is hard to put it mildly! However, all of our teachers are trying really hard to help us and enjoy it. This afternoon they brought us a present for all the hard work we've done. They brought us typical Japanese cake and Japanese liqueur. I thought it was so nice of them to be so friendly and nice. As for my progress with Japanese...I'm understanding more but trying to construct sentences is proving difficult. I'm going to keep trying though and give it my best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment