Saturday, September 11, 2010

Welcome to Yokohama


What an awesome city! It blew my mind away...Yokohama the capital city of the Kanagawa prefecture and my oh my what a beauty! I swear that as soon as I stepped off the train I fell in love with the place! The best place of all, must be the the Landmark tower! The observatory garden on the 67th floor towers over the entire harbor area giving a 360o view of the land below. And this isn't any observatory garden...it is glitzy and posh, with fitted carpets, leather sofas and a cocktail bar bang in the middle of the floor! The rest of the surrounding area known as Minato Mirai 21 is just as stylish and posh! Everything is done with such class! Looking around one might think that the city was designed so that everything fits in all the right places!

My spirits are renewed today. After an enjoyable Friday night in the Roppongi drinking sake and eating sushi and other delicious food items in a local izakaya, followed by a lovely afternoon in Yokohama I have to admit that I'm going to enjoy it here. I do think that slowly Tokyo is capturing my heart. It struck me how lucky I am to be here with a group of really nice people and all the resources I need to acquire the tools to live and enjoy Tokyo and Japan! So...on that note...back to my language books!

No comments:

Post a Comment